Friday, 10 April 2015

Music video feedback analysis






After giving my pitch for my music video. I sat down to have a discussion with my colleagues to find out their thoughts on my music video pitch. One of my classmates Roxane said that she liked my pitch because it was very detailed , However she did not understand the connection between the lyrics of the song and the video. I found this constructive criticism useful  as I did feel that I rushed through the lyrics section during my presentation .

Therefore in order to give her and my other colleagues a clearer understanding of the lyrics. I explained that the lyrics of the song was to do about heart break as the main protagonist in the video who is a female.found out that her boyfriend is cheating on her. From this I further went on to explain that one of  the ways I want to represent the theme of heart break in my music video
 through a blurry point   of view shot in order to coincide with the lyric of the song 'But I couldn't see you weren't an angel in my eyes.' Roxane also asked  where the location of my music video would be , in which I responded by saying the Assembly hall or the Drama hall.

Johnson another one of my colleagues asked me how I was going to create the feeling of heartbreak and love in the hall .I also felt that this constructive criticism was useful , I responded to this by explaining that in the hall the girl ( main protagonist in the video ) will be performing when she sees  her ex  boyfriend with his new girlfriend, and runs off stage to go outside to delete his girlfriend contact from her phone.However we do not know the  how his new girl friend and her are related. For example best friends or cousins. 

In addition to my colleagues Roxane and Johnson giving me feedback my teacher Mr Mallen asked me what the percentage wise would be between the performance and narrative part within my my music video. To answer his question I explained that narrative would be the main part within the music video and the performance part would be towards the end. My teacher also drew upon the lighting, pace of the song and suggest that the editing of the song should be slow paced, and made me  made reconsider the shots that I  wanted to use with the music video.For example the bird's eye view.     

No comments:

Post a Comment