Saturday, 11 October 2014

Blog reflection questions -week three

Week three
What have you been doing this week? What key concept have you been focusing on?

During this week I decided to do further independent research following on from  my lesson on representation theories where I learnt about theorist such as Laura Mulvey, who theorised  the term the 'male gaze theory' which states that women are viewed as sexualised objects. I thought this could be implemented in our music video by the protagonist who will be a female age 19  wearing a red dress signifying romance .As she wants to look appealing to other males due to the fact she just broken up with her  ex, which is referred to in the lyrics 'My drunken  Friday night.'

Furthermore through my own research i found out about Valdmir Props theory on character  roles  which states that males play the protagonist as oppose to women play the victim. I thought that this idea could be also  implemented in our music video by the protagonist also wearing a black dress, signifying sadness  thus conforming to the theory and further highligthing  how emotional the protagonist feels.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment